Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day Seven - Cinnamon Swirl Bread

I have always loved baking bread, but normally I stick to the basics. A nice white bread. Not wheat, I am not a wheat-bread-eating-person. But for this, I decided to try something different, and when looking in one of our many recipe books i found a recipe for cinnamon swirl bread. One of my favorite kinds of bread in the world.



It took me hours to make this bread. First I had to mix everything. Then I had to knead it for twelve minutes. Yes. Twelve. Then I let it rise for two hours.


After that, I had to roll it out and spread the cinnamon mixture on it and then I had to roll it up again. Of course, it had to rise. Again. For another hour.


Finally, I put it in the oven. When it came out, I had some difficulty figuring out whether it was done or not. The recipe told me that it should be 185 degrees in the center of the bread. But while the inside was at 140 degrees, the outside was at 200. Fearing that it would burn the outside, I took it out. It was perfect.   Out of all of the things I have made so far, this is my favorite. It was amazing!


-Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment